The Basics of Booking a Tour
- To begin the process of booking a tour, call Karen Powell (336.879.7262) or Lisa Smith (336.879.7251) so they can find out which tour interests you and the date that you want to come.
- Keep in mind that these tours are available only on weekdays, but they are not available on weekdays that coincide with major holidays or school closings for spring breaks.
- To give us adequate time to arrange your outing, call to reserve a tour at least two weeks before the date that you plan to visit.
- Basic tour costs vary with the tour's duration and the Zoo Society membership status of the person booking the tour. NC Zoo Society members receive a discount as a benefit of their membership.
- Once a tour ends, guests may continue to visit the Zoo on their own.
Quoted prices cover the cost of touring 1 -5 people in a golf cart.
Groups of six or more may add additional carts for $150 per cart.
1.5-hour (one cart) – An experienced guide showcases as many animal habitats as possible during the allotted time.
Cost: $165 for members* and $185 for non-members (includes Zoo admission)
2-hour tour (one cart) – Hop aboard and create a memorable visit!
Cost: $225 for members* and $250 for non-members (includes Zoo admission)
3-hour tour (one cart)* – Visit all of the Zoo's iconic animals as well as your personal favorites.
Cost: $325 for members and $350 for non-members (includes Zoo admission)
NEW...Half-day tour (one cart)* - Spend a leisurely half-day visiting all the Zoo has to offer.
Cost: $425 for members * and $450 for non-members (includes Zoo admission)
OTHER TOUR OPTIONS
Meet & Greet Tour with a surprise Behind-the-Scenes Experience**
Lunch is included with this option. Limited to 1 cart. A second cart is not available for this tour.
Cost: $1,000 for members and $1,150 for Non-Members
OR ADD SOME ADDITIONAL OPTIONS TO OUR BASIC TOUR
Hire Additional carts, $150 per cart
Include lunches on a tour: $15/adult $10/child
**Age restrictions apply to all behind-the-scenes tours.
Age restrictions vary depending on the species involved, but children must be at least 5 years old to attend any behind-the-scenes programs.