The Basics of Booking a Tour
To begin the process of booking a tour, call Tina McDowell (336.879.7270) or Brandon Rhoten (336.879.7365) to discuss your plans.
- Keep in mind that these tours are available only on weekdays, but they are not available on weekdays that coincide with major holidays or school closings for spring breaks.
- To give us adequate time to arrange your outing, call to reserve a tour at least two weeks before the date that you plan to visit.
- Basic tour costs vary with the tour's duration and the Zoo Society membership status of the person booking the tour. NC Zoo Society members receive a discount as a benefit of their membership.
- Once a tour ends, guests may continue to visit the Zoo on their own.
BASIC TOUR OPTIONS
All tours provide a trained tour guide/driver, a six-passenger electric golf cart, and Zoo admission. Meals and special experiences are available.
Groups of six or more may add additional carts for $150 per cart.
- 1.5-hour (one cart) – An experienced guide showcases as many animal habitats as possible (you chose which ones) during the allotted time.
Price: $165 for members* and $185 for non-members
- A 2-hour tour (one cart) – Hop aboard and make a memorable visit!
Price: $225 for members* and $250 for non-members
- 3-hour tour (one cart)* – Visit all of the Zoo's iconic animals as well as your personal favorites.
Price: $325 for members and $350 for non-members)
- NEW...Half-day tour (one cart)* - Spend a leisurely half-day visiting all the Zoo has to offer.
Price: $425 for members * and $450 for non-members
NEW (Testing, We're Testing!) for November and December Only!
WEEKEND, 2-hour Tours may be booked in the morning or in the early afternoon on November 4, 5, 19, or December 2, 3, 15,16.
Click here for details or to buy your tour.
TOUR ADD-ON OPTIONS
Personalize your Basic Tour by including food or additional experiences.
- Include lunches on the tour
Price: $15/adult $10/child**
- Hire Additional carts
Price: $150 per cart.
- Meet & Greet Tour includes a surprise Behind-the-Scenes Experience**
(Behind-the-scenes programs available March 1- October 31 only)
Lunch is included with this option, which is limited to 1 cart.
Price $1,000 for members and $1,150 for Non-Members
- Arrange a Meet and Greet with an Animal Ambassador or Zoo Educator
Price: $200 for 20 minute encounter. (Subject to staff availability)
**Age restrictions apply to all behind-the-scenes tours.
Age restrictions vary depending on the species involved, but children must be at least five years old to attend any behind-the-scenes programs.